Saturday, March 10, 2012

Home at last!!

I'm a day late in posting this, but I am home at last!! I made it home around noon on Friday, after a couple more quick morning lessons with OT and PT, and a quick shower and dressing change. Overall, things are progressing very well. I've been up doing quite a bit of walking, sitting, standing, and just trying to be more independent in my day to day activities. I definitely still need help with showering (I guess you can't be too modest when your adult mother helps you shower when you're an adult yourself and she hasn't seen you naked in almost two decades?!...at this point I'd take all the help I could get! But limiting shower help to Mom and Leo, no applications please!) :)

I do still get tired quite easily, but I think that has a lot to do with the pain pills. I'm still taking a good amount of drugs (I wanted to max out through this weekend and start dropping down on Monday), and they do leave me a little foggy!

Tomorrow one of my goals includes posting a good entry about how things went with surgery, why things took so long, and the plans for the next couple of weeks! Until then, sweet dreams all!! Mine sure will be...I'll have to write more about that later! ;)

1 comment: