Saturday, March 24, 2012

Lazy days...

Yesterday was a really lazy day, with some great sleeping in and some serious nap time!  And, judging today's weather and the emotions these gray, blah days bring on, today might be the same way...and I am perfectly okay with that!  My parents stopped by yesterday evening after going out for dinner to say hello, and it was great to see my dad who had been on a business trip since the previous weekend.  Other than that, it was a pretty uneventful day, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, right?!

I just wanted to make a quick entry (we'll see how this goes!) this morning, as I just wanted to share a couple of pictures!

I received this beautiful piece of artwork from my two year old niece Addison last week, and it's been on our fridge ever since, where it makes me smile every time I step into the kitchen!  I had sent Addison a little kit with foam eggs and stickers to decorate them, and I was SO excited to get a decorated one back in the mail!  And, I also got a great colored Thomas the Train picture as well...Leo was especially impressed by her penmanship :)  Addison, my brother Brian, and his wife Carrie live in Colorado, and we've been able to Skype a couple of times since I've had surgery, which has been really nice (although I scared Addison the first time we Skyped, as I was laying in bed and probably looking a little down and out!).  I know I say it all the time, but SERIOUSLY, the kindness, thoughts, support, and love I've received from my friends and family during these past couple of weeks has meant more to me than words can say and has really helped lift my spirits!!  THANK YOU TO YOU ALL!!


I remember being in college, where I used to walk past a flower shop on the way home after class to one of the apartments I lived in during that time, and I remember thinking that once I was older I wanted to keep a bouquet of fresh flowers in my home whenever I could...so I thought I'd better start!  Leo had given me a bouquet of tulips in a super cool vase, and now that all of my hospital flowers are gone, I wanted to refill that amazing vase with some fresh flowers! 

Thanks to a ride from my mom, we stopped by Flowerama (where Mayo employees get 20% off with an ID, FYI!) where I picked up this pretty mix of flowers for the vase!  They brighten up the dining room, and I love getting a smell of them as I do my laps walking around the house! :)


Okay, well maybe this did get a little longer than I expected (but really, what did you expect?!)...wishing everyone a happy weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment